Kick start your career- secure a Traineeship today.
Many young people are leaving school and college filled with enthusiasm and drive, but no clear direction of where to go or what to do next. The choice of further education looms ahead and many people are concerned with wasting an opportunity by heading in the wrong direction. A traineeship is a chance to slow down, take advantage of the time you have, help you refine your options, focus your direction plus give you valuable skills and experience while getting support and feedback throughout.
A traineeship is a work placement with relevant workplace and employability training that gets you ready for work or an apprenticeship. Specifically aimed at young people who are unsure at what career direction they want to take and who don’t yet have the skills to move forward, but have the drive to succeed.
Funded by the European Social Fund, Skills for Progress offer a unique opportunity for young people to grow professionally, all the while receiving mentoring, feedback and learning support. Use your summer break to acquire new skills, gain experience and grow your confidence. We are here to help you!
- Learners must be eligible to work in the UK
- Be unemployed and have little or no work experience
- Aged 16 to 24 and qualified up to and including Level 3 (equivalent to A Level)
- Learners will receive careers advice from a qualified careers adviser
- Individual mentoring to support your development
- Gain professional experience with a guaranteed work placement 70 hr over a 6 week placement.
- Learn how to create a professional looking CV and gain job seeking skills.
- Develop workplace skills in an industry that is relevant to your chosen career.
- Receive constructive feedback from your employer
- Practise and refine your interview skills
- Get help with English, maths and basic digital skills (if you need it)
The position is unpaid but you may have travel and food expenses covered by your employer.
Your traineeship will be a hybrid of in person work at your chosen placement and online skills support and follow up mentoring.
Your day to day working duties will be dictated by your placement and will be made clear before you enrol. All of our placements are with trusted partners who will ensure the skills you will receive will be comprehensive and relevant to your chosen career path.
Further details regarding specific placements coming soon.
All participants are supported by a qualified mentor, who you will talk to weekly or fortnightly. This practical support helps you to overcome barriers and talk through decisions, applications and prepare for interviews. As well as helping you utilise the new skills that you have learned.
Are you unsure what career path you want to take? We can help. Our partners at the National Careers Service will provide a free one to one meeting where they will advise you on your options and help you choose the right career direction for you. So when you take up your traineeship you will be working in a placement that is relevant to where you want to go.
To get started and secure your traineeship please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02381 120010.